Expanding on a subject subject by subject can be tedious if the learner has to go from one slide to the next in a linear fashion.
With this incredibly easy method, you can turn any presentation into a fully navigable hotspot interaction.
You can download the full package here.
The ppt contains 9 slides with a central image and 8 images placed conveniently around it. Each one of those images is a separate graphic whilst the woman of the arrows and the woman have been placed in the Slide Master to make it easier for the slide to be duplicated and remain consistent.
Once you have your Slidemaster ready, this is a step by step guide to creating these hotspots.
- In the first slide place the images around the central photograph and set up the layout that will be repeated on the next few slides.
- Create as many slides as hotspots you need to have. In this case, 8. this will mean you’ll have one more slide than the number of hotposts. One slide for the initial layout and one for each one of the hotspots.
- Select one of the images and right click on it. In the menu that will appear on your screen, select “Hyperlink”
- Select “Place in this Document” on the left pane. You will get a list of the slides you have. In this list, select the slide you want this particular image to link to.
- Repeat the process with every image you want to convert into a hotspot, being careful to link to the right slide.
- When you have assigned the right slide to all the images, select them all and copy them into the clipboard (Crtl – C in PC, Cmd – C if you use Apple computers)
- Go to each slide and paste the images (Ctrl – V in PC, Cmd –V if you use Apple computers). They should all appear in exactly the same place of the originals, so if you flick from slide to slide, you won’t see anything moving.
- Each slide should have the description for a particular image. Select all the hotspots, but leave the one the slide corresponds to untouched, and then apply a B&W or a colorize effect by right clicking and going into “Format Picture” at the bottom of the menu. Then repeat that step for each slide.
When you have finished you will have a fully interactive hotspot. Now is just a matter of adding the relevant information and text about the topic in each slide, publish, and wait for the compliments to come!